contact name / contact email

delphi package - automated exception handling
howstat

contact name / contact email

Post by howstat »

Hi,

Probably because of tighter restrictions by ISP's I am finding that more and more people using my applications are unable to email bug reports using SMTP Client or Server. Using MailTo isn't much good (no attachments).

Sending via Web Server is a lot of trouble, so I have modified MadExcept.pas to send bug reports to my web site via FTP (a monitoring program then emails me when a bug report is received).

I have set it up so that as soon as the [Send Report] button is clicked the bug report is sent via FTP (skipping the Send Assistant which I don't want to show).

I have this working perfectly with one problem. I would like to show the fields "contact name" and "contact email" on the general tab of the bug report, but when the Send Assistant is not used these fields do not appear.

I have tried setting exceptIntf.mailfrom and exceptIntf.mailaddr in various places but the contact fields just don't appear in the bug report unless the Send Assistant is invoked.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Colin
Attachments
Screenshots showing variation
Screenshots showing variation
Screenshot.png (10.51 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
madshi
Site Admin

Re: contact name / contact email

Post by madshi »

The bottom of this page shows how to remove something from the bug report header:

http://help.madshi.net/HowToUseMadExcept.htm

In the same way you can also add things.
howstat

Re: contact name / contact email

Post by howstat »

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Does the job perfectly.