Where to put the purchased key file

delphi package - automated exception handling
nemopeti

Where to put the purchased key file

Post by nemopeti »

Hi,

I just bought the latest madExcept Company edition, and get a key file in the email, but I can't find information, abot, where to store/copy/insert it, after run the installer.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Where to put the purchased key file

Post by madshi »

You should have received installation instructions together with the key file. Did you not receive those? Anywhere, here they are:
Please download the latest version from here:

http://madshi.net/madCollection.exe

Then please uncompress the attached key file and copy it to the same folder where the installer is located. Finally please start the installer. It should now show you which license you you have.
Basically the important thing is to copy the (unzipped) key file to the same folder where madCollection.exe is located, *BEFORE* running the installer. Then the installer will automatically pick up the key file and install the commercial edition.

Btw, you don't need to uninstall the non-commercial edition. You can just run the installer another time to update to the commercial edition.
nemopeti

Post by nemopeti »

Hmm, thanks

Probably I missed this line in the email.

If I run the installer again, it also works, or I must uninstall the current version before?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

See the last sentence/paragraph in my previous comment, I already answered that question in advance... :wink:
nemopeti

Post by nemopeti »

Hmm, it's not my day....

Thanks for the answer
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

No worries... :D