F2048 Bad unit format

delphi package - automated exception handling
bulletproof

F2048 Bad unit format

Post by bulletproof »

Code: Select all

[DCC Fatal Error] bpftpserver.dpr(148): F2048 Bad unit format: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\madExcept\BDS9\win64\madExcept.dcu' - Expected version: 23.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 23.0, Windows Unicode(x64)
I just started getting the above error. I'm using Delphi XE2, but I did just install Delphi 10.2. I've tried removing madCollection/madExcept from Delphi and the computer, and reinstalling from website.. but I still get the error when compiling a project that utilizes madExcept.

The project is x86, so it's a little unusual that I see "win64" in the DCU being used.

Ideas?
bulletproof

Re: F2048 Bad unit format

Post by bulletproof »

:confused:

I removed the entire install directory for MadExcept and reinstalled. Problem went away. I believe this was triggered as a result of installing Delphi 10.2. I previous had XE2 only and my suspicion is that the new compiler/toolchain was being called and the *.DCUs found were for a different version of Delphi (either old DCU and new compiler or new DCU and old compiler)... as I had this same problem with a number of other DCUs, completely unrelated to madExcept.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: F2048 Bad unit format

Post by madshi »

Sounds strange, but I'm glad you got it fixed by reinstalling.