madExcept dialog not showing up on one computer

delphi package - automated exception handling

madExcept dialog not showing up on one computer

Postby obones » Mon May 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello,

I have madExcept setup to show its dialog when an unhandled exception is raised and it works fine on most computers.
However, I have one user for which the dialog never shows up and the application continues automatically despite using the same exe file as others.
I looked in the source code but I could not find any RegReadStr call that would read an option to do that from the registry.
So I'm wondering what may cause this strange behavior on that particular computer.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.
obones

Re: madExcept dialog not showing up on one computer

Postby madshi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:52 am

Sorry for the late reply.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure why this happens. Haven't ever heard of this specific problem yet. Does the exception box not even show up if you raise a simple test exception in a main form button click event? What happens if you try with a brand new almost empty test project? Same problem there?

For me the key problem is that this will be hard to fix without being able to reproduce it somehow... :(
madshi
Site Admin

Postby obones » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:39 pm

No worries, I'm lost on this one as well.
I was asking if there was a "secret" configuration somewhere that would trigger this, but if there is none, then it must be something we are doing.
obones

Postby madshi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

There are settings to hide the dialog, but you have to intentionally enable them, and if you do, they should have the same effect on all PCs. So I've no explanation for this phenomenon right now.
madshi
Site Admin

Return to madExcept