Missing file MADEXCEPT.O

delphi package - automated exception handling
bvsimmons

Missing file MADEXCEPT.O

Post by bvsimmons »

Hi, I am giving madExcept a try on my C++ Builder 10.1 Berlin Application, Everything worked fine on the 32 bit debug version, but when I tried to build the x64 Bit Release version of my application the link fails with the error:

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'MADEXCEPT.O'

Should I be using madExcept 3 or 4? I installed 4.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Bernard
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Missing file MADEXCEPT.O

Post by madshi »

Hi there,

unfortunately BCB64 is currently not supported by madExcept. I had tried to add support for it when it was first released, but it was very troublesome to make the linker happy at that time, so at some point I gave up, and haven't tried again since then. To be honest, there haven't been a lot of users complaining about missing BCB64 support, so I'm not sure how many users are even using it.
bvsimmons

Post by bvsimmons »

Let me say thanks for responding and for making this fine product available!

I understand, finally there is an active investigation by the Embarcadero quality support folks into the issue with build BCB64 executables. Some success has been reported using Tokyo. I'm not sure what the steps are or if there will be a Hot Fix produced. Maybe this solution when published will resolved the issues you experienced earlier. Also this may be the reason you are not getting more users requesting support for BCB64.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I didn't even know there were problems with BCB64 executables, but that would explain why there are not many user complaints about missing BCB64 support yet.