madExept not always patched in.

delphi package - automated exception handling
aekeller

madExept not always patched in.

Post by aekeller »

Using the latest version of madExcept 4 and C++ Builder XE3 I have the following issue:
In some project the patching of the EXE works fine for others not. Starting my exe and madTraceProcess32.exe shows the exe for some projects and for others not.

I did activate madExcept in Project>madExcept for all projects. The pragma links are there in the main cpp. When I build the exe without the activation in Project>madExcept and then patch the application using madExeptPatch the result is: map file appended.
But the application is still not visible in madTraceProcess32.exe.

Any ideas?
aekeller

Re: madExept not always patched in.

Post by aekeller »

No ideas? I am lost!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Sorry for the late reply!

Hmmmm... Are these all 32bit processes? Currently madExcept only supports BCB 32bit.

If you look at the resource section of the compiled EXE files, is there a resource "MAD\EXCEPT" in them?
vavan

Post by vavan »

aekeller wrote:When I build the exe without the activation in Project>madExcept and then patch the application using madExeptPatch the result is: map file appended
does your project contain any resources? madexceptpatcher doesn't check it and whether UpdateResource was successful or not before reporting that "map file appended"