IMEException.MailBody

delphi package - automated exception handling
madshi
Site Admin

Re: IMEException.MailBody

Post by madshi »

I'm sorry, but I believe you're being a little bit naive here.

I'm a christian and when I started madCodeHook, I made it available for free for non-commercial use. There were several commercial customers who told me that it was a bad decision and that madCodeHook would be misused because of that, but I thought I knew better and trusted in the good of people and that nobody would screw me over because I made it available for free. But I was wrong, madCodeHook was misused several times by different malware writers. It got so bad that anti-virus companies started to black list any software as "dangerous" which used madCodeHook. I was forced to change something, otherwise madCodeHook would have died. If I hadn't changed things, no commercial software could use madCodeHook today, because every AV company would black list their software as being dangerous.

So with madCodeHook 3.x I had no other choice than to drop the non-commercial edition. I'm now also double checking every new customer to make sure he's going to use madCodeHook only for "good" purpose. And to be extra safe, source code access is limited to big companies, who I can trust in never leaking the source code.

This is not about egoism, it's about protecting not only myself but also all the commercial companies using madCodeHook from all the bad effects of misuse. Furthermore in some way it even helps end users because malware developers can no longer misuse madCodeHook as easily which makes it harder for them to write good malware.

If you believe in God (as I do) that's great, but if you look at history, God is not stopping all the bad things from happening. That's not the way he works. So just trusting in that nobody will do any bad is naive. I started out that way, but had to learn the hard way that in this world you have to watch your back, or else you'll get screwed.

I also have to make a living. If I don't make the source code more expensive, then I will lose a lot of income. I would then have to make madCodeHook more expensive for everybody (because the total number of madCodeHook users is simply lower than madExcept users because madCodeHook is a niche market), or drop the product altogether. I don't think I can be considered egoistic just because I'm trying to earn my living.
Tahtu

Post by Tahtu »

madshi wrote:I'm sorry, but I believe you're being a little bit naive here.
Yes, you believe that. Like I told you again and again: Change your kind of thinking.

All you have comes from god: Your body, your food, your brain, your education, your computer. So we humans should serve god.

And you serve him, if you follow this way - not your way.

God is the god of the whole humanity - so if you want to serve god, you have to serve the whole humanity - not only some few people.

The time of playing egoism games will find his end - but god will be there further more.

So it's your decision, if you spend your energy to an ending game - or into the future.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

In all our discussions it seems that you totally disregard any argument I bring, regardless of how well founded it is. I'm sorry but that's just not how a proper two-sided discussion should go. It's not like you would know everything and I would have no clue, or that you would be the teacher and I'd be the student. You've brought some good points in your suggestions, but I have *very* good reasons (and I explained them) to reject some of your suggestions. Just saying "just change your kind of thinking" to every good argument I bring is not working for me, I'm sorry. I'm absolutely willing to listen to good arguments, but they need to be stronger than mine (on a rational level) to convince me.

If you want to continue this "egoism" line of arguments, then let me ask you: Do you have a job? And do you earn money with that? If so, are you not being egoistic yourself for taking money for your work? I mean you could work for free and live the life of a homeless person, getting food from begging & charity. I mean it seems to me that's what you expect from people to qualify as not being egoistic, so do you live by your own standards?
Tahtu

Post by Tahtu »

madshi wrote:In all our discussions it seems that you totally disregard any argument I bring
YES!

Your way of thinking is an egoism way.

I want to live in peace and harmony. So I don't waste my energy with any kind of egoism thinking.

I can show you how you improve madExcept. I can show you a way to lay down your egoism way of living and how you can find god. Everything else is not important - wether for me, nor for you.

Your questions are not constructive - you are looking for reasons not to change you. This is wasting energy - I do not play this game with you.

You can't find god on a rational level - because of this, there is no sense to live on a rational level. :wink:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Tahtu wrote:You can't find god on a rational level - because of this, there is no sense to live on a rational level. :wink:
So in your opinion rational thinking is bad? I disagree. God gave us a mind for a reason.

Pr 14:15: A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

Anyway, I suppose we should stop here. I don't see us making any progress. I've written down some of your suggestions, but that's as far as I can go.
Tahtu

Post by Tahtu »

Nur am Rande: Ich bin in Sasel aufgewachsen und lebe immer noch in deiner Nähe... :wink:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Haha, didn't know that! :D