Enable madExcept on common bpl used by several exe's only

delphi package - automated exception handling
santiago

Enable madExcept on common bpl used by several exe's only

Post by santiago »

Hi there,

I am starting to integrate madExcept into our product now :-)
So far everything looks very promising.

We have a bpl (Core.bpl) which is used by several exe.s.

If I were to enable madExcept on this bpl project ONLY will madExcept catch exceptions raised in other bpl's or the exe itself?

If this would work, then I can spare quite some work. Now that I start to integrate madExcept I realize this...
During my tests I enabled madExcept on the exe only. The for the bpl projects I basically just made sure that they included the debug/map info madExcept requieres to work,

I have a demo project on which I can try this tomorrow. But any feedback I could get before trying that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Enable madExcept on common bpl used by several exe's onl

Post by madshi »

Basically every copy of the RTL/VCL that is loaded in your project should ideally be "patched" by madExcept. If all of your modules (exe + bpls + dlls) use RTL/VCL.bpl then you only need to have the RTL/VCL.bpl packages patched once. It doesn't really matter which module is doing the patching. It could be a BPL instead of the EXE, if you prefer it that way. You'll have to link the madExcept code into that BPL then, of course (or alternatively use the madExcept_.bpl, madDisAsm_.bpl and madBasic_.bpl packages).