Exception Box settings

delphi package - automated exception handling
Han312

Exception Box settings

Post by Han312 »

I have the choice to show buttons to continue, restart or close the application.

What happens in the last two cases? It seems so whether the application will be terminated and the mainform doesn't get an OnCloseQuery?!
So I won't get a chance to save myprojects which are open, altered but not yet saved. Is this correct?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Exception Box settings

Post by madshi »

That is correct. When an exception occurs, sometimes your process is in such a bad state that trying to close it friendly would result in follow-up exceptions.

Of course if you prefer to do a friendly close yourself, you can do so. You can use "madExcept.RegisterExceptActionHandler" and for the eaRestartApplication and eaCloseApplication events you can then simply set "handled := true" (to stop madExcept from actually restarting/closing your program) and post a message to your main form to make it close nicely instead. E.g. try "PostMessage(YourMainForm.Handle, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0)". Please be aware of that madExcept handlers are called in the context of secondary threads, so you can't access the VCL directly. So post a message to your main form instead.
Han312

Post by Han312 »

My next wish is not about the settings but about the general info tab of the Exception box.
I hope it's fine that I won't open a new topic.

Is it possible to list in the line for the display mode all monitors and not only the primary one?! (perhaps in the next update)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

With such feature wishes there's always the question how many users would want that and whether it's worth the added code footprint and work on my side. Generally, I tend to only implement feature wishes if there's at least 3 different users who've asked for a specific feature. That's especially true when talking about a feature wish would be VERY easy to implement for the user on his own, without having to modify madExcept's source code in any way.

In this specific case you're the first one ever asking for this. The code I'm using right now is very simple and short, so it doesn't cost much in terms of madExcept code footprint. You can very easily replace or extend the information in the bug report header. The bottom section of this page explains how to delete something from the bug report header, in the same way you can also add/overwrite information:

http://help.madshi.net/HowToUseMadExcept.htm

So whatever information you need, you can add this way yourself. Hope that's ok with you?
Han312

Post by Han312 »

Perfect - this works fine.
Thanks again for your help