x_art

Get sending result

Post by x_art »

Hello,

I'm showing the error report using

Code: Select all

ImportBugReport(File).Show
The use may click the "Send" button.

Is it possible to get a status of bug report sending (successful or not)? The OnExceptAction event does not allows to distinguish successful and unsuccessful operations.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Get sending result

Post by madshi »

It's not easily possible, unfortunately. One solution would be to use OnExceptAction, and then to call "madExcept.SendBugReport()" yourself with the appropriate parameters. That way you'd at least get a success/failure indicator. Does that help?
x_art

Post by x_art »

Hello,

Usually, my software works in the service mode and it can't send anything in this mode. But sometimes the administrator starts it manually in the normal mode. In this case the program checks for bugreport.txt and offers to send it. I'm using your build dialogs and methods and don't add new entities. Therefore I use "ImportBugReport" and in this mode I can't add handler for OnExceptAction. Currently, I detect successful sending if bugreport.txt was deleted.

May be you may help me with other problem. Is it possible to save all settings to a stream (or somehow make a copy of the current settings) and restore it later?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

RegisterExceptActionHandler is a global function, so I think it should also work for ImportBugReport().Show.

You can use MESettings().Reload to restore the original unchanged settings as they're stored in your EXE file. At the moment there is no functionality to save/restore a specific state of settings, though.
x_art

Post by x_art »

Thank you very much! I'll try it.