Is it possible to send reports into JIRA?

delphi package - automated exception handling
avaga

Is it possible to send reports into JIRA?

Post by avaga »

Hi,

I am evaluating madCollection 4 at the moment.
Is any way to send madExcept bugreport to JIRA server by creating issue ?
May I playing arround 'custom script' section in 'upload to web server' settings?

best regards
Alexander.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to send reports into JIRA?

Post by madshi »

JIRA support is currently not implemented in madExcept. I suppose you could probably do it yourself, but not with the "custom script". Uploading to bug trackers is quite a bit more complicated than adjusting some settings. Every bug tracker I'm currently supporting has a *totally* different API. I suppose JIRA is probably no different. The purpose of the "custom script" is that madExcept can upload bug reports to a self-written PHP script that you install on your webserver.

Hope that helps?
avaga

Post by avaga »

In general, it is understandable.
So summarize:
- In the custom script settings, I just point to the address of the php-script on the server, port, username, password and nothing else.
- Then I must write the php-script, so that it took all the data received in http-request from madExcept module and create the issue in the JIRA-project.

Is all so? Did I miss anything?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You could do it that way. But probably the easier solution would be to add the code to your Delphi project? You can use madExcept.RegisterExceptActionHandler() to be notified when madExcept wants to send the bug report. You can then add your own code in your handler and set "handled := true". That indicates to madExcept that you've already taken care of sending the bug report.

Or alternatively, you could edit madExcept.pas to add JIRA support. There's already a class in there which does all the work for BugZilla, Mantis and FogBugz. Adding JIRA to the same class would probably be the nicest solution. If you did that, I'd be very happy to include your changes into my sources. I would even give you a free madExcept Single Developer license, if you did that in a nice and compatible way.
avaga

Post by avaga »

Ok, thanks.
The situation is clear.