Mad Except translation

delphi package - automated exception handling
Dmitry Belkevich

Mad Except translation

Post by Dmitry Belkevich »

Hello. How I can fully translate MadExcept module in the real time? I found some strings in the MESettings and change it: MESettings.ExceptMsg, MESettings.FrozenMsg ... MESettings.SendFailureMsg, but not all interface is translated,'Send assistant' and show bug report window. How I can translate it?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Mad Except translation

Post by madshi »

Translating the assistants is more complicated, unfortunately. There are some translation tools out there which can do all this stuff automatically, because madExcept stores all the strings including the assistant forms in the EXE resource section, in the same way Delphi VCL forms are stored. So 3rd party translation tools are usually able to pick up the madExcept strings automatically. But I suppose you want/have to do this at runtime?

madNVAssistant.pas exports the following var:

Code: Select all

var OnAssistantCreate : procedure (const assistant: INVAssistant; const exception: IUnknown) = nil;
You can fill this var to be notified, every time an assistant is created. Then inside your "OnAssistantCreate" handler you could browse through the assistant's interfaces and translate them. More details about the interface and how to browse it here:

http://help.madshi.net/madNVAssistantUnit.htm

Does that help?