dcc32 or msbuild command line options

delphi package - automated exception handling
roelvz

dcc32 or msbuild command line options

Post by roelvz »

We are building all our Delphi projects on a build server automatically. To do this, we use the msbuild.exe command. This results in dcc32.exe being run to actually compile the project.

When we use the IDE, MadExcept is included as it should. Our problem is that MadExcept is not included when we use the command line.

I can see that the following dcc32.exe command is used:
dcc32.exe --no-config -B -Q -TX.exe -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections;Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Windows;WinProcs=Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG;madExcept -E.\build\MAD -I"...

Since the following parameter is passed: -DDEBUG;madExcept, I would expect MadExcept to be included.

So my question is: how can we include MadExcept in our exectables when we compile using the command line? What are we missing? Does it have to do anything with the .mes file that is next to the project file and seems to contain MadExcept settings?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: dcc32 or msbuild command line options

Post by madshi »

You need to run madExceptPatch.exe after dcc32.exe. See madExceptPatch command line help. And please make sure that dcc32.exe has the compiler debug options enabled. The linker debug options may be disabled - except for the map file which must be set to detailed (-gd).
roelvz

Re: dcc32 or msbuild command line options

Post by roelvz »

Ok, that did the trick. Thanks a lot for the quick help!