Upload to webserver no longer working

delphi package - automated exception handling
info@a-dato.net

Upload to webserver no longer working

Post by info@a-dato.net »

Hello,

I have been using this feature for a long time but recently it stopped working. It's hard to tell when exactly (we do not have that many bugs; whether it's due to the last update or moving to XE8) but none of the reports come through. Can someone confirm this feature is 'working' in version 4.0.12 under XE8?

* All customers have the same issue
* We did not change anything at the server side
* Tracing our code on the server reveals the upload page is not called at all

The message we get is:
Error message
Error message
Message.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
Regards,

Kees
Attachments
Mad except configuration
Mad except configuration
Settings.png (79.56 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Upload to webserver no longer working

Post by madshi »

Can you reproduce the problem on your own PC? Since you say *all* customers have the same problem, it shouldn't be hard to reproduce it?

There are a couple of things that could cause this:

1) It could be some change on your server. To test this, simply try an old version of your software which was known to work.
2) It could be a change by your server provider, e.g. blocking traffic that comes in a specific way. Some sort of server-side firewall or stuff.
3) It could be some a customer local firewall. But this is somewhat unlikely because such a thing should be customer specific and not affect all customers at once.
4) It could be a bug in madExcept 4.0.12, but I only did very very minor changes and bugfixes compared to older madExcept builds, so I'm not sure if this is likely.
5) It could be a bug in XE8, but that sounds also unlikely.

If you can reproduce the problem, the best solution might be to copy madExcept.pas and mad.inc into your project folder and then debug the issue within the XE8 debugger. The code is in TWinHttp.Create and TWinHttp.Post in madExcept.pas.