SmtpAccount not taking new changes

delphi package - automated exception handling
mikextpg

SmtpAccount not taking new changes

Post by mikextpg »

I just downloaded the latest version and I'm trialing MadExcept with Delphi XE2 (32 bit).

The problem I'm having is that after an initial successful install, build, and run using a specific email sender account (smtp), I've changed the smtp account and re-built but my program test error keeps sending with the previous smtp account. I've tried everything: searching the registry, rebooting, rebuilding, checking the mes file (it has the new one), all with no success.

I can't seem to change the smtp account to the one I want.

The only thing I haven't done is uninstall/reinstall.

Any ideas?

Thanks
madshi
Site Admin

Re: SmtpAccount not taking new changes

Post by madshi »

That sounds pretty weird. The settings are stored in the mes file. Is the new information in there? Please create a file named "madExceptWizard.txt" on your desktop, then recompile. Afterwards the text file should contain a log of what the madExceptWizard did, including a full reference of the settings. Are those the correct ones or the old ones? Finally, try disabling madExcept, force a full rebuild, then enable madExcept, force a full rebuild. Do you have any self written dlls or bpls? Do you have them compiled with madExcept, too? If so, maybe they still have the old settings stored in them and that's where the old settings come from?

You can also use the freeware "Resource Hacker" to check the resource section of your EXE file. The resource "RCData\TMADEXCEPT" should contain a full list of the settings. Are these the correct ones or the old ones?
mikextpg

Re: SmtpAccount not taking new changes

Post by mikextpg »

Thanks for the reply.
I think it had something to do with our just getting on git and the resulting confusion from that learning curve.