- madExceptViewer doesn't obey to ReportLeaksNow

delphi package - automated exception handling
madshi
Site Admin

Re: - madExceptViewer doesn't obey to ReportLeaksNow

Post by madshi »

$1508 = 5384. I'm pretty sure that you misread the thread ID in the debugger. It's probably straight decimal there, not hex. So the thread ID matches. How about the callstack? Does it match the forced leak? I don't know why the leak is only reported once, though. And no, there's no debug log or anything else that would help to get to the bottom of the problem. I would have to debug what's happening in the Delphi debugger, with the madExcept32.dll being the debugged process.
jkomorowski

Post by jkomorowski »

$1508 = 5384. I'm pretty sure that you misread the thread ID in the debugger. It's probably straight decimal there, not hex. So the thread ID matches.
Sure, you are right, I'm very glad.
How about the callstack? Does it match the forced leak?
The forced leak is in "GwIbUdf_L.dll" (alias MyUdfs.dll), in unit "LwIbUdf.pas", in function "MakePLongwordResult". So the callstack of the unique reported TStringList leak doesn't match at all. It rather matches initialization of "System" used by my dll.

Before considering how the phenomenon could be reproduced by you, I think about coherence between madExcept I use and Delphi XE8 installed recently, on May 26, 2015. Of course, after XE8 install madCollection was uninstalled and reinstalled.
I notice that my
"C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\madExcept\Dlls\madExcept32.dll" has:
- version 4.0.5.0,
- last Modified on 20 April 2015, 20:50:59,
- with Size, not "Size on Disk", 1.07MB (1 131 992 bytes)
Meanwhile, your site mentions madExcept version 4.0.12 as XE8 enabled. Is that all right?
The madCollection.exe installed on my system has version 2.7.11.1
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The madExcept32.dll has its own version number, so that's alright. The size and version number is correct.