Mad except doesn't work on the system without Delphi

delphi package - automated exception handling
Dmitry Belkevich

Mad except doesn't work on the system without Delphi

Post by Dmitry Belkevich »

Hi all!
I try to add the mad exception to my projects. It works nice on the my laptop where IDE is installed. But doesn't on other system. Exceptions on other system are shown like simple Delphi message box. I have a commercial license of mad except. I use the Delphi XE6, windows 8.1. On other system windows 7th is installed. What can I do to activate mad exception on other than my systems?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Mad except doesn't work on the system without Delphi

Post by madshi »

It should work automatically. Do you have the top 3 checkboxes activated in the first page of the madExcept settings? See here:

http://help.madshi.net/madExceptSettings1.htm

Please try with a new (almost empty) test project. Does that test project fail to work on other systems, too? If so, please send that test project to me and I'll have a look.
Dmitry Belkevich

Yes, I have this checkboxes activated. I wiil try with empty project.
Dmitry Belkevich

I have tried with empty project and all is fine on the both systems. Also I try with another app on the MS Server 2003, mad is also works fine. Mad does not start with just one program.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Sounds strange. Can you try adding a test exception to the one program where it doesn't work, in a simple place, e.g. on a simple main form button press event? Does madExcept still not work there?
Dmitry Belkevich

I already did it :) I have all tests with simple exception raised in the OnClick of the TButton.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

So it doesn't even work with such a simple test exception? But it *does* work on your development PC? That sounds very strange.

Can you send your EXE file to me? I don't need to be able to actually run it, I just want to look at the resource section. madshi (at) gmail (dot) com
Dmitry Belkevich

1. MAD does work with simple project everywhere.
2. MAD does work with all our projects on the same computer where RAD installed.
3. MAD doesn't work with one of our project (Makhaon Station) on the Windows 7, where RAD is not installed.

I will send you our exe file, thank you.
lostcpacket

Post by lostcpacket »

So was the problem solved? What it was? I have some kind of similar issue, searching on the forum
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

It's not always easy to assign email support requests to forum support requests because the user names are not always the same. But from what I remember right now I don't think I got the email with the EXE file (yet?)?
Dmitry Belkevich

I came back to the issue. I have found that under IDE all exes are comipled ok. But compiling with help of the bat file and msbuild does compile exe without mad.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You need to run the command line tool madExceptPatch.exe manually when compiling outside of the IDE. See command line help. Make sure you compile the EXE with compiler debug options turned on. Linker debug options may be turned off, except for the map file, which needs to be set to "detailed".