"Mapping binary file failed"

delphi package - automated exception handling
madshi
Site Admin

Re: "Mapping binary file failed"

Post by madshi »

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you using madExcept 3.x or 4.x? Does this problem only occur with your (probably big) main project? Or can you also reproduce it with a simple test project? Have you modified the location of all the madCollection files in any way? The madExcept IDE wizard expects the madExceptPatch.exe file to be located in a specific relative path.
SGE

Post by SGE »

Hi,
I am using Delhi XE2 and the latest version 4.0.15 of MADExcept but i have this issue lately.

[madExcept Warning] Mapping binary file failed (259).

The MadExcept code seems to be added to the exe. But the compiling takes a lot of time and the end (and freezes the IDE) to give then this error.
Have we any idea what might be causing this.

I have installed and uninstalled a IDE plugin lately, and maybe that caused it, but reinstalling MadExcept did not help.

And the MadExeptPatch.exe is under in the location "[MadExcept installed folder]\madExcept\Tools"
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

It's weird that the IDE freezes! Here's one thing you could try:

1) Create an empty file "madExceptWizard.txt" on your desktop.
2) Recompile your project.
3) Zip the txt file and attach is here.

Maybe I can see something...

We're talking about a standard madExcept installation, with all the files in the usual folders, right? You didn't move files around or something?

Does this problem occur with a brand new (almost) empty test project, too?
raiser

Post by raiser »

Hi,

I'm having the same error while compiling project on XE10.2. The same project on XE10.1 works fine. Attached madExceptWizard.txt.

Thanks,
Raimundas
Attachments
madExceptWizard.zip
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
picard69

Post by picard69 »

Hello,

I'm using Delphi 7 and the latest version 4.0.20 of MADExcept but i have an issue.

The MadExcept code is added to my executable. But the compile process takes a lot of time, freezes the IDE, and at end of process, puts this error.

I try this under windows 7 and windows XP. The same project, compiled under XP doesn't fail, but compiled under W7 puts this error.

The MadExeptPatch.exe is at "C:\Program Files\madCollection\madExcept\Tools"

I downloaded DllInjector to capture the command line.

if I run the command under a console (cmd), when i try this command line, it runs sucessfully every time and quickly

My windows user has administrator privileges

It's a standard madExcept installation, with all the files in the usual folders. I didn't move files.

This problem occur with a new empty test project, with old projects. With all projects under Delphi 7 and Windows 7.

Attached madexceptWizard.txt

Thanks

Daniel
Attachments
madExceptWizard.zip
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

raiser wrote:I'm having the same error while compiling project on XE10.2. The same project on XE10.1 works fine. Attached madExceptWizard.txt.
Is the file path "D:\Users\raimundas\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Win32\Debug\Project1.exe" correct?

Do you have some anti-virus software installed? Sometimes anti-virus software tries to analyze a new EXE file (which the compiler/linker just created) to double check it's not malware. But that can stop madExcept from being able to perform its patches. Can you temporarily disable (or even uninstall - some anti-virus products only really stop doing their thing after being uninstalled) your AV software, just as a test?
picard69 wrote:I'm using Delphi 7 and the latest version 4.0.20 of MADExcept but i have an issue.

The MadExcept code is added to my executable. But the compile process takes a lot of time, freezes the IDE, and at end of process, puts this error.

I try this under windows 7 and windows XP. The same project, compiled under XP doesn't fail, but compiled under W7 puts this error.

if I run the command under a console (cmd), when i try this command line, it runs sucessfully every time and quickly

It's a standard madExcept installation, with all the files in the usual folders. I didn't move files.

This problem occur with a new empty test project, with old projects. With all projects under Delphi 7 and Windows 7.
Same question to you: Is "F:\DELPHI\Policonsultorio\SVLMain.exe" the correct path? And can you also try to temporarily disable (or even uninstall) your AV software?
raiser

Post by raiser »

Got it working... It was installed in c:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\, but while we use versioning for our components, a copy of installed files were placed in d:\BroadHub\Current\Components\madCollection\ and some executables in madExcept\Tools\ were missing or outdated.

Thanks!
picard69

Post by picard69 »

madshi wrote:
picard69 wrote:I'm using Delphi 7 and the latest version 4.0.20 of MADExcept but i have an issue.

Same question to you: Is "F:\DELPHI\Policonsultorio\SVLMain.exe" the correct path? And can you also try to temporarily disable (or even uninstall) your AV software?
Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, this is the correct path. My Projects are there. F: is a drive mapping on the net, and with a Test Project is in C: persist this error. I disabled my AV and nothing... the same error... This occur under windows 7 but the same project, compiled under XP with the same AV doesn't fail.

All MadCollection files are in it default location.

Thanks

Daniel
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Sorry for the late reply. So did you try to uninstall the AV temporarily, just as a test? Before you do that, you can also try to double check the NTFS attributes of madExceptPatch.exe. E.g. you could try adding read+execute rights for "Everyone", as a test.