Plugins not working?

delphi package - automated exception handling
iha

Plugins not working?

Post by iha »

Is there available a compilable example of plugin usage in mExc? I'm trying to write my own, but I'm not doing something properly (but don't know what's wrong).
I copied the madExamplePlugin.pas code from the website, renamed to madExamplePlugin.mep, double clicked and this error appears.
mex.jpg
mex.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 7422 times
However the pas and dpr files in madExcept\Plugins\win32 and win64 directories are created.
After the installation where should appear the madExcept plugins menu? In the madExcept Settings menu in Delphi nothing appeared.

Delphi is XE2 Professional 16.0.4504.48759, madExcept is 4.0.5, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Thanks!
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Plugins not working?

Post by madshi »

That's weird. I just copied the "madExamplePlugin" from this page...

http://help.madshi.net/madExceptPlugins.htm

... to a new file with the name "madExamplePlugin.mep", double clicked it and the "Plugin Manager" reports success for all Delphi versions from Delphi 4 up to XE3, both x86 and x64.

Did you do anything different?
iha

Post by iha »

Madshi - I did exactly the same, copied to a file and doubleclicked it, all I get is the posted screenshot. Maybe there's something wrong with my Delphi installation? But everything else is working fine...

I can get the plugin working when the file is renamed to pas, then added to the dpr file manually and in the OnCreate of application to set this:
MESettings.PluginEnabled['example'] := true;
This works fine for me :crazy:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hmmmm... Maybe you need to run the plugin manager with admin rights? I've no idea. You could try this by starting the command line with admin rights, then from there execute the mep file. I think that way the plugin installation should also run with admin rights...
iha

Post by iha »

I tried Run as adminstrator although me as a current user is a member of the Admin group. But nothing has changed, the result shows all "failed".
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Wait, are you using one of the free Delphi versions? Turbo something? I think those don't come with the dcc32 command line compiler. That would explain the problem.
iha

Post by iha »

No, it's a standard Delphi XE2 with Professional licence. DCC32 is included and can be run from command prompt.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, then I've no idea left. It works fine here... :(
RichardBWinston

Post by RichardBWinston »

I ran into the same problem. It turned out that the .bpl files were not being copied to the MadCollections\Plugins directory. Instead they were in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\Plugins\. Copying them into the C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\Plugins\ directory fixed the problem.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hmmmm... That's interesting. That would suggest that madExcept did not have write access to that folder. Could you retry the same thing, and this time give write access to that folder to normal users? Does it work, then? I guess that would mean that I either have to store plugins in a different folder (in the user profile somewhere, probably), or my installer would have to modify the NTFS access rights for the plugins folder...