win32:torxy trojan install problem frenzy

delphi package - automated exception handling
chaotic33

win32:torxy trojan install problem frenzy

Post by chaotic33 »

I suddenly had problems with some mad files:
They gave rise to error at project opening and they seemed to contain trojans which avast subsequently deleted (no problems with other files whatsoever). I *never* have problems with virusses or trojans.
Files deleted no more go=logical.
Reinstall: still no go: illogical.
-delphi wants to delete reference to madexceptionhandler1
-madexception options no longer available in menu
-no madshi components available

Even more illogical: problem only with my main application, if I start a new application the component and menuitem reappear .
:crazy:
WTF is happening? Have I been visited by martians? Can I repair madexcept for my main app?

Delphi4,winxp pro
New mad version makes no difference.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I already got a report about problems Avast yesterday, but I was not able to reproduce it here. I downloaded the latest version of Avast and updates to the latest virus definitions and got no warning for either madExcept 2.7c nor madExcept 2.7d. Please make sure that you update to the latest program version of the virus scanner and that you also update the latest virus definitions.

About the missing packages. Of course my components won't work correctly when Avast has deleted some packages! In order to repair that, I'd suggest that you uninstall the whole madCollection. Then reload your project and recompile it without madCollection. Afterwards reinstall madCollection. Hopefully that helps.
chaotic33

Post by chaotic33 »

I still don't get it.
I uninstalled, reinstalled ad infinitum already, also before my first post.
I can revive the whole thing by setting checks at the madshi packages in the project options (this is what eluded me the previous time), but these checks just disappear again and at next delphi startup it says the tmadexceptionhandler is not found. I set the checks again, all goes wel, i recompile, save project save all etc etc but the checks just disappear again at restarting delphi.

I also tried removing mad things from my pc and project all together and starting from scratch. It's no use.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Please check "HKCU\..." and "HKLM\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\Disabled Packages". Does this key exist? If yes, delete all mad* packages from it.