[BCB5] [madExcept] unit "madExcept" not found in b

delphi package - automated exception handling
Allan

[BCB5] [madExcept] unit "madExcept" not found in b

Post by Allan »

I've got the checkboxes "handle exception" and "append map.." in the settings dialog set.

The obj files are linked like this
#pragma link "madExcept"
#pragma link "madLinkDisAsm"

The directory of obj files are defined.

The program compiles, but when the dialog box saying "Make: done appears" and I press ok, I get
[madExcept] unit "madExcept" not found in binary file

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Best regards,
Allan
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hmmmm... Please check whether you have madExcept_ listed in the runtime packages. madExcept currently must be linked into the exe/dll. So please remove it from the list of runtime packages for your project.
Allan

Post by Allan »

madExcept_ in not in the list of runtime packages, furthermore the "build with runtime packages" checkbox in not set.

Allan
Allan

Post by Allan »

madExcept_ is not in the list of runtime packages, furthermore the "build with runtime packages" checkbox is not set.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Then it might be that the debug information is not complete. Please play a bit with the project's debug options. Try to make sure that everything what madExcept needs is included.
Allan

Post by Allan »

I've various combinations on the Project->Options->Compiler page without success.

If I create a new blank project, things work fine.

Allan
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Please tell BCB to create a detailed map file. Then we can have a look into it to see whether madExcept is linked into your exe. E.g. search for "CreateBugReport". If all is as it should be, that should be found in the map file.
Allan

Post by Allan »

ok, did that. No CreateBugReport...
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

So that means that madExcept is either not linked into your exe, or the map file / debug info is incomplete.

Well, I've no idea what to say now. I'm not really such a big BCB expert. Why would BCB refuse to link madExcept in, if we explicitly tell it to?

Perhaps you can try to remove the line:

#pragma link "madExcept"

Does the exe get smaller afterwards?