Additional Attachment

delphi package - automated exception handling
jcullison

Additional Attachment

Post by jcullison »

Since I'm renaming my bugreports per user, I want to attach all the bugreport*.txt files to the email (maybe http later) when they get around to sending me something. So I'm using MESettings.AdditionalAttachments.Add(searchRec.Name) but when I do that, Outlook pops up with no attachments and the bug report in the body of the email. When I don't add my attachments, I get the bug report and screen shot as attachments. I'm adding these inside an exception handler I registered. Using MadExcept 3.0b, Delphi 5.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Jim
jcullison

Fixed, but there might be bug here

Post by jcullison »

I'm really batting 1000 today answering my own questions...

I figured it out. The attachment file name needs an absolute path. I assumed that because setting the bug report file name in the IDE without a path works that doing the same in the attachments would work. Once I put the whole path in, this works great.

So a bug you might want to look at is that when one of the attachments file names is bad, none of the attachments works.

Thanks,
Jim
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Fixed, but there might be bug here

Post by madshi »

jcullison wrote:So a bug you might want to look at is that when one of the attachments file names is bad, none of the attachments works.
I'll put that on my to do list.