MadExcept3/Delphi 2005 problems

delphi package - automated exception handling
habr

MadExcept3/Delphi 2005 problems

Post by habr »

MadExcept3 worked fine for weeks, but when starting up Delphi 2005 today I got the message

"Package C:\Program Files\Borland\madexcept\madexcept\Delphi2005\madexcept_.bpl kann nicht geladen werden.
Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 57002666 in Modul 'madBasic_.bpl". Lesen von Adresse 6C665705.
Soll dieses Package beim Laden des nächsten Projekts geladen werden?"

Followed by the message

"This application has failed to start because madExcept_.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I don't know what caused this problem today, maybe the fact that I uninstalled some other components yesterday?

I remember having similar problems when first installing MadExcept 3. When starting Delphi the first time after installing MadExcept
everything worked fine, but when starting Delphi for the second time errors similar to the ones quoted above occured.
This was so annoying I almost installed MadExcept 2 again...

The only way to solve this problem I have found is to uninstall MadExcept and reinstall it into another directory.

I would be thankful for another solution, all this installing und uninstalling is pretty annoying.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

This is really strange. I've had the same problem today. I recompiled everything and the problem was still there. I added a try..except block in madExcept and the problem was gone without that the try..except block was executed. I removed the try..except block and the problem was still gone! Right now I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I'm quite confused...

:sceptic: