"Non-commercial edition" warning in the message bo

delphi package - automated exception handling
amr

"Non-commercial edition" warning in the message bo

Post by amr »

Hi,

I've configured madExcept to show up the regular message box on "normal" exceptions, but it pops up with a tiny "Non-commercial edition" text at the top. I do have the full version of madExcept with a key in the registry and the sources.

What should I reconfigure / recompile to get rid of the warning text?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

When you run the madCollection installer, does it show that you have a valid madExcept 3 license?
amr

Post by amr »

I'm not sure what the installer said about my license, but I put the key you sent alongside the installer and it did unpack the Source subdirs, so it probably accepted the key.

Would it do any damage (or any good) if I re-install? Do I have to un-install first?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an About box with madExcept version and license somewhere in the configuration dialog?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You can rerun the installer, that won't harm.

Please search your harddisk for "madExcept.*". Does it find any files outside of the madCollection folder?
amr

Post by amr »

A re-installation helped. It looks like I had some DCUs from the trial version stuck elsewhere on disk and those were used instead of the licensed version. Thank you for your help.