copy exception info into clipboard

delphi package - automated exception handling
ray

copy exception info into clipboard

Post by ray »

How can I add support to copy exception info into clipboard on Ctrl+C for exception dialog (like Ctrl+C on MsgBox'es on Windows XP) ?
ray

Post by ray »

I know about option "copy bugreport to clipboard"
but I need copy to clipboard, for example, only exception message, not all that stuff in bug report
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Currently that's simply not supported. You could use your own exception form, of course.

For what parts of the exception window do you need it most? For the first tab of the details?
ray

Post by ray »

madshi wrote: For what parts of the exception window do you need it most? For the first tab of the details?
I need it most for main part of dialog, when no detail tabs are opened.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, that's simply not possible, because I'm using static text for the main part, just like normal message boxes do. Of course changing that to edit controls (which you can mark, then copy to clipboard) would be possible, but I'd find that rather ugly, I have to say... :?
ray

Post by ray »

madshi wrote:Well, that's simply not possible, because I'm using static text for the main part, just like normal message boxes do. Of course changing that to edit controls (which you can mark, then copy to clipboard) would be possible, but I'd find that rather ugly, I have to say... :?
it will be usefull to make possible copy as except message on dialog as any part of detail tabs (os, version, ....)

P.S. in StaticText text can be selected and copied to clipboard
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ok, I'll think about it...