Sending bugreport ->doesn't work

delphi package - automated exception handling
alias5000

Post by alias5000 »

@SMTP-Client:

This works: Mail-From-Address: blabla@web.de
SMTP-Server: smtp.web.de without authentification

This doesn't work Mail-From Address: blabla@gmx.de (or every other Server than web.de)
SMTP-Server: smtp.web.de without authentification

The problem is that the Mail-Server of the sending-person varies, so what do I have to enter into SMTP-Server?

@HTTP: It just doesn't work with this Skript. But I have to test a little bit more, because this error-messagebox appeares. Maybe there's a spelling mistake...

Thanks for that many quick relies, Madshi!
alias5000

Post by alias5000 »

Wohooo! It works now with SMTP-Client method :crazy:

The problem was that I have to many E-Mail Adresses 8) (that means, that I always tried to use an other SMTP-Server than the recipient's Mail-Server)

But could you please add that to the docu., too? Jusz say that recipient's E-Mail Address an the SMTP-Server must belong together? (Not like me: alias5000{at] lanchat2.de with smtp.web.de and authorization with my web.de account)
Markham

Post by Markham »

alias5000 wrote:The problem is that the Mail-Server of the sending-person varies, so what do I have to enter into SMTP-Server?
Nothing. When madExcept acts as SMTP Server, it contacts the incoming mail server for the addressee (i.e. your ISP's incoming mail server) and asks it if it will accept the message. This generally succeeds.

Mark
alias5000

Post by alias5000 »

I ment that madexcept acts as a smtp-client.