Delphi throws lots of exceptions

delphi package - automated exception handling
thany

Delphi throws lots of exceptions

Post by thany »

Since having installed madExcept 3.0, it seems that Delphi (version 7.1) throws an exception almost every time I run a project. More generally, this occurs whenever the IDE needs to update or refresh the dockable windows. For instance, when starting a new application.

But when just clicking the Continue button, Delphi continues to work pretty normally. Most of the time anyway.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I run Windows XP x64, maybe it has something to do with madExcept. I wouldn't know...
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Do the bug reports always look the same? If yes, can you post it here, please?
thany

Post by thany »

I didn't take the effort to look into them, but I will now.

One that I've found just now is Cannot debug project unless a host application is defined. Use the Run|Parameters... dialog box., which clearly doesn't need to be caught. The problem is that I don't see this message until I save the "bug" report and look into it.

But, this is not the only "bug" I ran into. I'll keep this updated.
thany

Post by thany »

Got it :)

This error I get oftenly when starting a new application while a whole bunch of things is opened (like a few windows and a package):

http://www.thany.org/downloads/delphi_bugreport_1.txt

(btw, I'm running Windows XP x64, not Windows 2003 ;))
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I get this exception, too, but only rarely. If you get this one with almost every compile, please uninstall madExcept and check whether that really makes this problem go away. Because I don't think madExcept is guilty here. You could also try to delete the "delphi32.dsk" file (but store a copy somewhere).