There are several complaints on the Forum about font sizes and dialog sizes.

delphi package - automated exception handling
luciano_f

There are several complaints on the Forum about font sizes and dialog sizes.

Post by luciano_f »

I believe Colleague should pay attention to this, spend time improving the size of all screens.

For example, I have a font my Software like Arial size 12.

I don't see it as something complex for you to improve, including the configuration dialog, Logs Screen, Send Email, etc....
madshi
Site Admin

Re: There are several complaints on the Forum about font sizes and dialog sizes.

Post by madshi »

Please try the latest build:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionUpdate.exe
luciano_f

Re: There are several complaints on the Forum about font sizes and dialog sizes.

Post by luciano_f »

I just updated and the fonts are still small

Where can I increase it ?

My software and my Delphi are all with Arial size 12 font

See a direct comparison with my Delphi, the difference is big
Attachments
Small Font.jpg
Small Font.jpg (192.49 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The madExcept settings dialog is of no consequence, IMHO. I thought you were talking about the font size of the madExcept exception box in your application?
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

It would be great if you increased the font of all dialogs, for those who wear glasses like me,
not to mention the fact that nowadays everything is done with large fonts.
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

madshi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:11 am The madExcept settings dialog is of no consequence, IMHO. I thought you were talking about the font size of the madExcept exception box in your application?
"madExcept Viewer" And "madExcept settings dialog" Also very small

This registry change does not work
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madExceptViewer\AddFontSize DWORD
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

IIRC "madExcept Viewer" is what the "AddFontSize" registry value is pertaining to *ONLY* and visible in the registry key name itself "Software\madshi\madExceptViewer" . It controls the font size of the "exception box", not the "Settings" dialog. It may be commented out in your code so please GREP/search "AddFontSize" to make sure, that's likely why it did not work for "exceptions". On to madExcept "Settings" dialog... I don't believe there is a way for you to adjust the font size out-of-the-box. I don't recall this ever being customizable. That's something I am sure Madshi will take note of for future reference of course, but please respectfully remember that not all feature requests can/will be granted but will be under strong consideration as there are MANY packages still under active development and offered to the public (free and commercial)

I'm running the latest version as mentioned by Madshi below as of its release which was not long ago.

2023-11-08
Today I'm releasing madExcept 5.1.4 with Delphi 12 support.

My current source code for madExcept shows it is commented out below, "AddFontSize" that is. You're likely seeing the same.

initialization
// AddFontSize := RegReadDword(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'Software\madshi\madExceptViewer', 'AddFontSize');
end.

--Iconic
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

@iconic, @madshi

In short, it is very important to increase the font of all dialogs, several users besides me want this.

I appreciate when the "Viewer" and "Config" are also changed.

Grateful.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

madExcept.pas exports this variable:

Code: Select all

var AddFontSize : integer = 0;
You can set it to something like 1 or 2, if you want bigger font size in the madExcept dialog in your application.

For the madExcept wizard, you can use the registry mentioned by iconic. However, it seems the current build has this tweak commented out, I'm not even sure why. I've put it back in now, for the next build.

As far as the rest of the madExcept IDE dialogs are concerned, and also the madExcept exception box, they do usually scale with the OS DPI setting, but not with the OS font size setting. You may want to try using the OS DPI setting instead of the text size setting?
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

As far as the rest of the madExcept IDE dialogs are concerned, and also the madExcept exception box, they do usually scale with the OS DPI setting, but not with the OS font size setting. You may want to try using the OS DPI setting instead of the text size setting?
I have already increased the system DPI as much as possible and they are still small
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Do they increase with the DPI size, though? They do for me.
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

@luciano_f

Does this article enlarge the madExcept settings area's font size for you? DPI scaling does not always carry over well with font size (font face can affect this), but adjusting it for one person might make it too large for another person. Personally, I have no issues with the current font size but I understand that you'd like larger font size. Please let us know. Oddly enough, there's a "Make text bigger" as well as "Make everything bigger" setting in Windows - never knew that TBH, it's an accessibility feature that is on more modern versions of Windows (likely from Windows 8+)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... Windows_10

According to the above article:

"Here's how to change the size of text, images, and apps in Windows.

To change your display in Windows, select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display. To make only the text on your screen larger, adjust the slider under Make text bigger. To make everything larger, including images and apps, choose an option from the drop-down menu under Make everything bigger.

To zoom in or zoom out on parts of your screen in Windows, use Magnifier. To turn on Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Plus (+). Zoom in by continuing to press the Windows logo key + Plus (+). Zoom out by pressing the Windows logo key + Minus (-). To turn off Magnifier, press the Windows logo key + Esc."

Here are my results, to me it's rather clear with the app and font size change via Windows settings

madExcept_before.png
madExcept_before.png (38 KiB) Viewed 651 times
--Iconic
Attachments
madExcept_after.png
madExcept_after.png (115.71 KiB) Viewed 651 times