Upload bug report data to MantisBT CustomFields?

delphi package - automated exception handling
CBelanger

Upload bug report data to MantisBT CustomFields?

Post by CBelanger »

Hi, Mathias:

Recently added ability to send the bug report to MantisBT and would like to use the ExceptionHandler to fill some information that would in turn be used to fill the MantisBT Custom Fields (User Name, Bug Type--for starters: Program, Database) to help with sorting the bugs at MantisBT).

I can see that adding a Custom Field to MantisBT is pretty easy and so is generating the information I want in the ExceptionHandler, but how does one actually upload the information?
I understand that SOAP is used for the other madExcept information uploaded.

It looks like madExcept does that here:
function TWinHttp.UploadBugToMantis
and it would be in this routine that I would add a separate routine to upload the data to the custom fields in MantisBT, yes?

I see that you are using mc_issue_add to add the bug and its basic information. Off hand do you know if this would upload/add the custom field data, too? Or, is there a separate PHP call to add the custom field data?

Depending on your answer, I will also post this question at the MantisBT forum. When searching I see that others have asked the question, but do not see an answer.

I did find this PHP source:
https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/bl ... ld_api.php
but I am not clear if this is something I would use or not. Using PHP is new to me, along with using the MantisBT site.

Any help or direction is appreciated!
Thank you,
Chuck
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Upload bug report data to MantisBT CustomFields?

Post by madshi »

Hi Chuck,

and my apologies for the late reply!

You have some good questions there, and to be honest, I don't really have any (useful) answers for you right now. I'm not sure myself if "mc_issue_add" can be used to add custom field data. The last time I looked at the Mantis API was several years ago and I don't recall all the nasty details. I've tried some quick googling right now, but I've even trouble locating any official documentation about the API. I've found what looks like the "mc_issue_add" implementation?

http://phpcrossref.com/xref/mantisbt/ap ... _issue_add

It doesn't seem to do anything about vustom fields, but I'm not 100% sure. Might make sense to ask this on the Mantis forums. However, I've just read that they've deprecated the SOAP API and are in the process of switching to a REST API instead? Ouch. That means I'll have to re-implement everything at some point in the future... :( And it means in the forums they might point you to the REST API instead of giving you good answers for SOAP.