exe compressor?

just write whatever you want
ira

exe compressor?

Post by ira »

I use UPX to my program (using madshi injection) and it give me error to os when running the program.

Is there any exe compressor to handle this problem? The point is I want to make my exe smaller.

Thx.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Exe compressors and madCodeHook do not match well together. It might work, or not. Why do you need your exe to be smaller? Using simple zip or rar for download should be just as effective as UPX. And harddisks are so big today that once your exe is installed/unzipped on the local PC, it doesn't really matter how big it is...
ira

Post by ira »

I want make my exe smaller because other similar programs have small size. Sure coz they use c++ / asm and I use D2010 with unicode pack :lol:

Yeah you're right hardisks are so big today, the problem is not about hardware but my eyes prefer to see my program with small size than big size :blush:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, you can try whether you can find an EXE compressor which has no problems with madCodeHook (or madCodeHook with the EXE compressor). But my recommendation is to go safe and leave the EXE uncompressed. Personally, I don't know which EXE compressors make problems and which don't, in combination with madCodeHook.
aiwnjoo

Post by aiwnjoo »

UPX will pack and compress the executable, i don't see this causing many problems, your best off leaving unpacked though unless thats a security flaw for your app, if it is then look around for executable packers.