TMemryStream ruining Slow Why????any other alternatives???

just write whatever you want
cool_tester

TMemryStream ruining Slow Why????any other alternatives???

Post by cool_tester »

Hello guys,
I have a Stream that is derived from TMemoryStream, which copies from another TStream, but it is slow... and TFileStream runs much faster... unfortunately i can't use TFileStream to do the work i need to use in Memory only, without hitting the disk....

I did manage to make it run a bit faster to set the size of the stream ahead of the time, which works fine but still runs slower on system where the Available Physical Memory is smaller than the stream I'm loading, again TFileStream seems to run OK. so my question is HOW DO I MAKE this TMemoryStream run faster? is there another alternative?

Thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Please ask general programming questions on the appropriate places. E.g. in the Borland or Microsoft newsgroups or in www.experts-exchange.com . I don't have the time to answer such questions in my forum, I'm sorry.
cool_tester

Post by cool_tester »

Sorry about that. i though in this part of the forum we could talk about anything, i must of understood the rules wrong. sorry if offended you.

thank you,
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You didn't offend me. It's just that programming questions posted on my forum feel like questions posted directly to me. I don't feel well just ignoring such posts. And I don't have the time to begin answering general programming questions. If I'd do that and more people would start making use of that, I would have no time left for actually doing some programming work. A day has only 24 hours, unfortunately. So I *have* to limit my support somehow, if I want to have any free time left for myself.

This "fun" forum is meant for non-programming stuff, e.g. jokes, personal conversation etc...

There are good places to ask general programming questions (as linked in my previous comment). So it should be no big loss for anyone, if I don't answer such questions here.