Suggestion for the pages that have documentation

just write whatever you want
costab

Suggestion for the pages that have documentation

Post by costab »

Hi:

Could you please remove the background image (the one that contains the letters from the name Madshi and tiled show Madshi all over the page) from the pages that contain documentation, for instance the madExcept? I personally find it very distracting when I read the documentation. Documentation is documentation, and I think its pages should have a solid background.

Thank you

Update: I disabled the background in the local documentation by renaming the file C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\madBasic\Help\Data\bcklight.gif.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for the pages that have documentation

Post by madshi »

In those 13.5 years the help file exists you're the very first person ever who's bothered by that background image (or at least who tells me so). Personally, I find solid gray utterly boring. Is deleting/renaming "bcklight.gif" an acceptable workaround for you?
costab

Post by costab »

It is.

Maybe this is why so many don't read the product documentation :wink: Joking aside, I find it distracting, it's like visual noise ... I also prefer a white background (again, for documentation)... But as you said, if nobody else complained, you don't need to change it.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

costab wrote:Maybe this is why so many don't read the product documentation :wink:
How did you know? :lol:
costab

Post by costab »

I am one of them :oops: Well I am trying my best, but you know how it is, you can easily miss something.