eac3to video track demultiplexer

just write whatever you want
SpasV

eac3to video track demultiplexer

Post by SpasV »

Thanks Madshi for eac3to. I have questions.

First, my problem in general.
I am trying to get an additional 3D .sup file with a 3D Blu-ray movie, played by a software 3D Blu-ray player such as TMT5.

I can extract the both files, left eye.h264 and right eye.h264 from a .ssif container, using eac3to, but I cannot proceed further with the right eye.h264 file.
It is because I haven't found a tool capable of multiplexing an left eye .h264, possibly re-multiplexed, with the right eye .264 file to get an .ssif file.
What I have found until now is the right eye .h264 file extracted from the source .ssif needs to be decoded in order to an H264 file to be generated and further processed. And it means encoding which path I don't want to follow.

So, the question is:
How can I use right eye.h264 extracted by eac3to?
How could I get my goal?

Respectfully

P.S. I would go to program such a muxer provided that I knew the file formats and corresponding standards, obviously because I don't know them.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: eac3to video track demultiplexer

Post by madshi »

I don't know what to do with right eye h264 files, either. You could ask Mosu (mkvtoolnix) or the TsMuxer author to add support for muxing the right eye stream to MKV/m2ts. eac3to doesn't mux itself, it uses the Haali Matroska Muxer for muxing, so there's nothing I can do here. The only solution would be to write my own muxer from scratch, and I don't have the time for that atm.
SpasV

Post by SpasV »

For the goal of remuxing a 3D Blu-ray release, the right eye needs only to be multiplexed back in the stream without any changes. Only the left eye is to be processed - to be remuxed with new 3D BD subtitle, for example, and there are tools for that.
So, I could do that if I knew the formats and of course how to interpret them - the logical structure of all streams including the multiplexed.
I think you know all needed. So, I could do the job. At least, I could try. :?
It seems easy task - a cycle: read files, take the proper stream parts, put them in the proper order, update the pointers, write.
The 3D player follows the stream extracting the left and right eye parts. The 2D player follows the stream extracting the left eye and skipping the right.
I can write a multithreaded CLI application.

p.s. The company I have downloaded TsMuxer doesn't offer it anymore (http://www.smlabs.net/en/products/).
I have found a guy giving his source of a (CLI) MPEG-2 Transport Stream packet analyser (http://www.pjdaniel.org.uk/mpeg/index.php).
This is the only program not counting eac3to, I know, capable of demuxing an m2ts file containing a left eye stream. I tried it on Thor's right eye m2ts file (~13 GB). It generated a ts file and eac3to said it was right view.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Properly muxing m2ts files is pretty hard. You could try libav/ffmpeg for that, they have a TS/m2ts muxer, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't support 3D yet. You could try adding support for that.
SpasV

Post by SpasV »

Thanks. This is an idea.
tal.aloni

Post by tal.aloni »

I've written an open-source SSIF multiplexer, so if you wish to extract tracks with eac3to and then mux some of them to an SSIF file you're welcome.

while I did not yet implement .sup files support, it shouldn't take too much time to add (you just have to implement one interface).

p.s. The Popcorn Hour A-400 can properly play SSIF files in 3D.