How to change file information?

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
ko-kylling

How to change file information?

Post by ko-kylling »

Hey...

How can I change the file information? ex. the exe file's company!

Please help me!

From Morten
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Yes, you can by using madRes respectively BeginUpdateResource. You need to replace the version information record in the resource section. Sorry, I don't have sample code for that.
ko-kylling

Post by ko-kylling »

What do I so do? If you doesn't have a script for me, how can I so use your product?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

What you need is the API BeginUpdateResource. You should be able to find sources on the internet which show you how to use BeginUpdateResource and related APIs to change the version information of an executable file.

Basically the API BeginUpdateResource is offered by the OS on the NT family. So in the NT family you don't really need my components. But on the 9x family, BeginUpdateResource is not really supported (except when you install a specific OS upgrade). Furthermore my components work somewhat more reliable than the OS' functions in this case.

All I'm offering is a "clone" of the Begin/EndUpdateResource APIs, though. The rest of the work (e.g. changing version information) must be done by you.
ko-kylling

Post by ko-kylling »

OK....

But I have search the web now, and fund nothing...

I mabye just have to ask somebody else!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The first hit on my first search already is exactly what you need. Search in google for "beginupdateresource version information".