Thread Crashing

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
RossTuck

Thread Crashing

Post by RossTuck »

HI,

Windows XP (sp1)
CBuilder 5 Enterprise.

I have a little Web/ftp/data server app and is launched from another one of my apps. This program works fine ( apart from one site ).

The main app already has MadExcept in and has helped fix several tricky bugs for which I am very gratefull.

Because of this one site I thought I would add MadExcept to the other app to try and find the source of the problem.

So I enabled MadExcept and recompiled the app, all ok so far.

But when I launch the app it runs just the way it should, until somebody connects to it with a web browser. Then after sending the first request back to the browser the app vannishes never to be seen again. And no message from MadExcept, not even a postcard.

I then spent a day adding output debug messages to try and trace where and when the error was occuring.

What I found is that upon connection a thread is created which then sends data back to the browser, when the data is sent, the thread terminates.

Its at this point that the app disappears. If I remove MadExcept from the app, then its all back to normal.

I am at a total loss as to why this is happening.

Help. :cry:

Ross.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

So you think madExcept is guilty here? Which madExcept version are you using? Have you installed all BCB update patches?
RossTuck

Post by RossTuck »

I am not laying the blame on anybody, its just I dont know why it is terminating.

I dont know which version of mad I have installed. But I have just downloaded the latest from your website and will install that to see if that cures the problem.

Also is there anyway to stop BCB filling my includes with dozens of mad includes every time I open my project options window, if I forget to take them out then the compile fails because the line length for the includes in the project files is to long.

Ross.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

RossTuck wrote:I am not laying the blame on anybody, its just I dont know why it is terminating.

I dont know which version of mad I have installed. But I have just downloaded the latest from your website and will install that to see if that cures the problem.
Please let me know whether that helped.
RossTuck wrote:Also is there anyway to stop BCB filling my includes with dozens of mad includes every time I open my project options window, if I forget to take them out then the compile fails because the line length for the includes in the project files is to long.
The paths should be added there once and then never again (if you leave them in). The problem with BCB5 and BCB6 is that there's simply no global place to enter include paths. So I saw no other way than to add them to each project. If I wouldn't do that, madExcept could not be used by any user without him adding the correct multiple paths manually, which is a pain - especially for beginners. Fortunately BDS2006 solves this problem, there BCB finally has global include paths.

Anyway, with madExcept 3 check the "madExcept configuration" window (see "tools" menu), there you can tell madExcept to not add the include paths to your projects, anymore.