[Error Report] Minor Bug

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Kishi

[Error Report] Minor Bug

Post by Kishi »

Hi! ;)

For some time, I had been trying to install madCollection, but I couldn't.. Always got this error: "The installer package is invalid!".

After hours of crazyness, I finally found out what it was: a problem due to my windows language.

I'm from Brazil, and therefore, I use the portuguese version of windows. When you open madCollection.exe, it'll use the system default temp folder to store it's temporary files, right? Well, brazilian windows temp folder would be something like "C:\Documents and settings\USER\Configurações locais\Temp".

The error is that, instead of using that folder to store it's files, madCollection creates a new folder: "C:\Documents and settings\USER\Configuraçoes locais\Temp". Notice the "õ" and "o".

If it tried to read from there, it would be ok.. But when it will run madInstall.exe, intead of openning the folder it created, it'll open the usual temp folder...

So, I had to copy madInstall.exe to the original temp folder, and it worked.. But also, when the installation begins, it creates lots of files on the new temp folder, and tries to read from the original one.. So I had to copy those files too.

It's a minor bug, only because of the "õ", but there should be some info about this to help brazilians.. XD

By the way, THANKS ^^

Now I can use it fine.. :)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That's quite strange! Even the Japan and Chinese don't seem to have any problems installing madCollection! Anyway, I'll try to reproduce this problem. Thanks for the report!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The latest build fixes this problem. The bug was in the 3rd party uncompression library I was using. I've switched to a newer version of that library now and switched to Wide instead of Ansi and that fixed the problem.

http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe

Thanks for the bug report!