Bug in latest version - Delphi7

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
PhilA

Bug in latest version - Delphi7

Post by PhilA »

I uninstalled my previous version before I installed the latest. There seem to be a few problems with the Delphi 7 bit.

First of all, the compiler says it cannot find "mad.inc". If you copy mad.inc from the madbasic\sources folder to the madexcept\source or madexcept\delphi7 folder this cures the problem.

Then, when you enable madexcept in your project and compile it complains about incompatible parameters here:
HandleException(false, AException, nil, true, Esp, @bugReport);

in this function:
function TIWServerControllerBaseDoExceptionCallback(Self: TIWServerControllerBase; AApplication: TIWApplication; AException: Exception) : boolean;

Lastly, it complains that the following unit is marked read-only, madcollection\madexcept\delphi 7\madIWSupport.pas.

I have sorted this and it's working, just thought you would like to know.
Do you prefer putting bugs on here or emailing you direct?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hi Phil,

thanks for the bug report. Generally bug reports that might be of interest for other customers should be posted here (especially if you already found a workaround that could help others). But you can also mail me directly about bugs. Just do what makes more sense to you.

The main problem you found is that I forgot (stupid me) to adjust the "madIWSupport.pas" file when changing the "HandleException" parameters. After the "Esp" parameter there must be a "Ebp" parameter added.

I guess that the other problems you mentioned are only a consequence of that one problem. The madIWSupport unit is write protected, because otherwise Delphi silently adds code to the dfm. Right now the unit is Delphi and IntraWeb version independent. If Delphi adds that stuff to the dfm, the unit is no longer version independent. That's why I write protected it. It doesn't matter, as long as you don't try to change it... :wink:

The problem with the mad.inc is a bit strange. The file mad.inc should already be contained in the madExcept sources folder! At least it is right now on my PC.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Does this mean you'll repackage the latest build to avoid these problems? Cheers.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You can download the latest build here:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe (2.1.2.2)
PhilA

Still errors mate - compiling Intrawed program

Post by PhilA »

"The edit buffer of 'E:\MadCollection\madExcept\Delphi 7\madIWSupport.pas' is marked read-only."

then

"[Fatal Error] madIWSupport.pas(14): File not found mad.inc"

Solution:
moved mad.inc like before.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hmmmm... Do you have the unit in your editor? Please close that editor page, then the read only warnings should disappear. About the mad.inc: :sorry:
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

unit opened when it complained about the read-only error, I didn't shut it before I re-compiled.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ah! :idea: Another try:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe

Now it should work. Thanks for your help!

P.S: Please close the madIWSupport unit tab in the editor before updating.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

that works fine, cheers.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Thanks for letting me know.