ipc queue question

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
xrfang

ipc queue question

Post by xrfang »

Hi Madshi and experts here,

By some simple investigation, I found that madcodehook's ipcqueue is based on file mapping, is that correct?

if so, is there any size limit ? i.e., the maximum buf size that can be sent in a sendipcmessage call, and what if the ipc queue process is slower than the sender? in what condition data start to get lost?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Shannon
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

IPC functionality is based on multiple objects, but mainly on pipes. You should not send too big IPC messages, this might make problems. The sender can't send faster than the receiver receives, because the pipe blocks if it is full. The means the sender waits until the receiver has emptied the pipe. Currently the IPC functions in madCodeHook are not optimized for performance, nor for big messages. They're meant for casual small IPC messages. If you need something more high performance then you will have to create some own functions yourself, or wait until a future version of madCodeHook. An IPC rewrite is planned for a future version. But there's no release date for that, cause there are some other things I need to do first.