Manually Install into Two IDEs (Delphi 7 and 2007)

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
MarkElder

Manually Install into Two IDEs (Delphi 7 and 2007)

Post by MarkElder »

The way my machine is setup I run as a normal (non-admin) user. This means I usually need to manually finish installing components. Normally this is not two much of a problem. However, I just needed to add a project in Delphi 7. My primary IDE is Delphi 2007. I'm having trouble getting madExcept to work with both IDEs. Normally I see bpls named with a version postfix. In this case there is a folder for Delphi7 and one for BDS4 but all the files in them have the same name.

How do I get Delphi 7 to just load the Delphi 7 packages and Delphi 2007 to just load its stuff. Right now when I try to install the packages I get a message that it can't load RTL100 because RTL70 is already loaded. I'm assuming that the BPL I am loading is picking up a wrong version in the search path that in turn in trying to load RTL100 causing the name conflict.

Thanks,

Mark
MarkElder

Post by MarkElder »

OK I seem to have it working. I put all the BPLs for each IDE into that IDEs Package output directory. That seems to keep both IDEs happy.

I'm still interested in the correct way to go about this, preferably mirroring what the install actually does. Any advice is appreciated.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The installer keeps all files in the madCollection tree structure and then just creates the necessary registry values. Check out the files "install.log" in the root folders for each component (e.g. madCollection\madExcept). The install.log lists the registry values the installer has written.

Does that help?