Russian language?

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
~aTL[A]nT1s~

Russian language?

Post by ~aTL[A]nT1s~ »

Hello, I want to know, will the program translated into the Russian language?
It is very necessary. Large languages support is needed!
Last edited by ~aTL[A]nT1s~ on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hello,

I guess you are talking about madExcept? Most of my components are non-visual, so there are no windows/forms where I could translate anything to Russian. But madExcept does have a number of windows/forms.

Have you tried using those 3rd party translation tools? madExcept theoretically supports them just fine. However, some parts of madExcept are limited to ANSI characters. I guess Unicode support is needed for full Russian language support?
~aTL[A]nT1s~

Post by ~aTL[A]nT1s~ »

madshi, I talk about the translation of component.
MadExpert 3.0 for Delphi7.

Do a few languages for an interface, please!
It is not much work :wink:

PS: If you do not have time to do it - I can help you with translating your program into the Russian language. I know Russian in an ideal :wink:
Last edited by ~aTL[A]nT1s~ on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You mean I should translate the madExcept settings dialog to other languages? I don't really plan to do that. A programmer needs to be able to understand English, or else he's lost IMHO. I do agree that end user software needs to be available in multiple languages, but I don't think it's a must for a programming tools/components.

Look, my native language is German, but still madExcept's settings dialog is only available in English and not even in German.

Is that a problem for you? I mean you seem to be able to read/write English just fine! How else could you communicate here on the forum with me? :)
~aTL[A]nT1s~

Post by ~aTL[A]nT1s~ »

Possibly you and rights on the account of English, but I think that support of many languages - will be not superfluous :) Maybe you can you will do voting on a site on a account of this question?

PS: I do not know English on 100%, sometimes I use a translator :wink: