How do I use this in VB.NET? (probably a stupid question)

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Nazgulled

How do I use this in VB.NET? (probably a stupid question)

Post by Nazgulled »

Hi,
I came across you components reading some help requests on some forum and decided to give a try, however, I didn't realized I was reading a delphi forum...

Do you know apps like SysTrayX or PS Tray Factory? Well... they are ugly, outdated and worst part, shareware... My idea, is to use madKernel and develop an application like those. Basically I want to manage the systray and hide a bunch of icons.

The problem is, I don't know Delphi, I code in VB.NET (2005) and I know a bit of C# but barely and I don't know how to use your files, not if is even possible... which I have a feeling it's not.

I downloaded the latest madCollection and installed everything but all I see inside the madKernel folder that I could use is the madKernel.pas file, but that is from Delphi and I don't know what to do with it.

I know have 3 questions:

1) Can I use this .pas file directly in VB.NET? How?

2) Is it possible to compile the .pas file to some dll of sorts and use it in VB.NET? How?

3) Is at all possible use your components in VB.NET? How?
Nazgulled

Post by Nazgulled »

Well??
Nazgulled

Post by Nazgulled »

Why don't you answer me madshi? I've seen that you have been on the forum recently replying to other posts, why don't you even say a word to my topic? :sorry:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Sorry for the late reply. I replied to other threads because I got email notification about them. I don't get email notification about new threads. The forum software doesn't support that. I should have looked for new threads more often, though.

Anyway, madKernel strictly only supports Delphi and Borland C++ Builder. There's no way to directly use madKernel in VB. Of course it's possible to create a standard DLL which just exports the madKernel functionality that you need. You could then most probably use such a DLL from VB.
Nazgulled

Post by Nazgulled »

Thanks but I jsut decided to learn C# which allows me to do the same thing I was looking for in madKernel and it's not that different from VB and I already have a few bases on C...

Thanks anyway.