Hooking MS Office 2003 Open/Save dialogs

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
afk

Hooking MS Office 2003 Open/Save dialogs

Post by afk »

Hi,

I want to replace file open/save dialogs in all programs with my own dialogs. That can be done by hooking GetSaveFileNameW and GetSaveFileNameA functions.

This works very well, but there is one problem. Microsoft Office (2003) does not use standard common dialogs, but has its own implementation of file dialogs. Does anybody know how to hook MSOffice file dialogs or anything about the API they are using?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I'd guess that they're using their own windows. That means there's probably not a specific API you can hook. Maybe there's an Office automation interface available to do such things?
afk

Post by afk »

Yes they are using their own windows. They even have implemented a custom widget set for Office user interface. Is it possible to use madchook to hook calls to this custom widget set if there is some information available about the API?

What would be the best way/tool to try to get/spy information about Office's internal API libraries?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

If you know the API address and number of parameters and calling convention then you can most likely hook it with madCodeHook.

Spying internal APIs is quite difficult. You can use disassembling (which is illegal, though, in some countries) or debugging.