Question about static .lib (VC++)

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Hepi

Question about static .lib (VC++)

Post by Hepi »

Hi,

When I purchase the madCollection, I get the static .lib for VC++.
Right now, I'm using the dynamic lib linked into my own DLL, so my application needs my DLL and MadCHook.dll in Windir\System32.

If I link my own DLL with the static library, there's no need for MadCHook.dll in Windir\System32 anymore? Is that true? Even if I hook API-calls like CreateProcess in the samples?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That's right. No need for madCHook.dll, anymore, when using the static lib. However, your hook dll gets quite a bit bigger when linking with the static lib.
Hepi

Post by Hepi »

That's not really a problem for me...

I'm drawn more towards purchasing your nice Library, madshi!

For someone that only needs the "madCodeHookLib" (for C/C++) it costs $ 70,- and for the Delphi-folks it's $ 150,-, right?

Any chance that the Rest of the collection (especially madExcept) get's ported for 'us' C/C++ Programmers?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

It's USD 75, independent of the language. Delphi programmers can lincense madCodeHook, too, for USD 75. However, there are more packages available for Delphi, that's why there's an USD 150 option.

The other packages will most probably not be ported to C++. Some of the other packages might get ported to DotNet some day. But especially madExcept is very much focused on Delphi and would need almost a full rewrite to work with MSVC++. However, all packages support BCB, because that one is more or less compatible to Delphi.
freshmanir

commercial license, for 1 developer

Post by freshmanir »

Hello
1) I want to buy madCodeHook commercial license, for 1 developer in my company. But can it be used in my company product if only installed in one computer developer?
I mean can a company use madCodeHook commercial license, for 1 developer.

2) how can I update the full version including static compile from your website

Madnik7
BestRegard
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

If only one developer is actively working with madCodeHook, then it's just fine to buy just one madCodeHook license for your company.

After buying you'll get a key file from me which will tell the madCollection installer how to extract the static lib files for you.