Madshi, which component I must buy to do this...

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
pardal3000

Madshi, which component I must buy to do this...

Post by pardal3000 »

Hi Madshi,

You won't remember me, we talked some months (maybe years ;-)) ago.

I'm creating a comercial monitoring software, and trying to avoid users to kill (terminate) it process in Windows 9X/ME/2000/2003/XP. * I do not need to hide the process.

You explained to me that it's possible with one of your components (maybe more than one).

I'd like to know how much I need to invest ($) in order to buy this component(s) and have your support to do this.

Only you to know, I was trying to find related subjects in Google, and almost EVERY website I clicked, found you, trying to help someone ;-) So I'm decided that you are the only one that will solve my problem ;-))

Best regards,

Fabio
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hi Fabio, just download madCollection and check out the HookProcessTermination demo of madCodeHook which demonstrates exactly what you need.
pardal3000

OK

Post by pardal3000 »

Hi Madshi,

Thanks! I'll have a look and back to you as soon as possible.

I have no experience in this kind of programming, so sorry for this stupid question: My software is almost done, and have a main form and other 3 forms, with lots of visual and non-visual components (some 3thy party). Is this a problem to do what I want (block process to be finished)?

I'm asking this because every example I see until now, have no main form.

Thanks again!

Fabio
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, it will be your task to make the software not accept friendly "go down" requests. madCodeHook can help you protecting from violent termination by the TerminateProcess API. But if your app accepts WM_CLOSE/WM_ENDSESSION etc requests then madCodeHook's protection won't help.
gnif

Post by gnif »

madshi wrote:Well, it will be your task to make the software not accept friendly "go down" requests. madCodeHook can help you protecting from violent termination by the TerminateProcess API. But if your app accepts WM_CLOSE/WM_ENDSESSION etc requests then madCodeHook's protection won't help.
This is simple as setting the CanClose value to false in the CloseQuery event on your form.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

True. That should stop most friendly requests.
pardal3000

Post by pardal3000 »

Thanks Madshi and Gnif,

Do you know where can I find a simple example to do this with a normal Delphi project (with a form)?

I'm newbe with this kind of programming. It's being very hard for me to understand the code of the example HookProcessTermination... I think mainly because it hasn't a main form...

Sorry about my poor english ;-)

Fabio