Two Delphis installation question

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
nicksantero

Two Delphis installation question

Post by nicksantero »

Hi Madshi,

We have two separate Delphi programs on the same computer and under the same WindowsXP.
First we installed a Delphi7 and your package (demo) to test it. And a little bit later we installed BDS2006 and wanted also to install the package for this version, too.
The only thing we managed to accomplish was to "upgrade" the existing package for D7. BSD2006 does not see it at all, and furthermore, if BDS2006 is running, the installer does not ask us to close it.
We also tested it with an older (a year or so) version of the package, it does the same thing.

Please instruct us how to install the package only for the desired version, if two or more coexist on the same OS.

Thank you
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Basically the installer installs the selected components into all Delphi and BCB versions that are installed on your PC. So running the installer on your PC should install the selected components into both Delphi 7 and BDS2006. Are you saying that this didn't work for you? Could you please have a look into the madCollection root folder under "madBasic\" to see whether there's only a Delphi 7 folder or a Dexter/BDS2006 folder, too?
nicksantero

It works now; Sorry

Post by nicksantero »

Hi Madshi,

There is a folder called DeXter in madCollection, and it works now. I don't know what happened, last night we tried to install it and failed for several times. Today we tried again and it worked. That means the problem was on our side, even though we don't know where :?

I am sorry for wasting your time, it was not my intention. Thank you for answering us so promptly.

Yours,
Nick
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Not a problem at all. Don't know what went wrong last night, either.