What a great library... if only...

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Hepi

What a great library... if only...

Post by Hepi »

Hi there!

First, I want to congratulate madshi for creating such a useful library!

I'd buy a license if only these demands were satisfied:
  • C/C++ Sourcecode included
  • Documentation in C/C++
If you fix these 2 (minor?) Issues, I'd buy a license and spread the word about madshi wherever I can.

BTW, I'm living quite close to you. I'm from 34346 Hann Münden, Germany... not too far away, huh? :wink:

Keep up the good work!

--
Support Team / WholeTomato-Software's Visual Assist X.
Not just another Visual Studio AddIn, the one Visual Studio Addin!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

madCodeHook is written in Delphi. For C++ source code I'd need to do a full port. Maybe (maybe maybe) I will need to do that to support 64bit OSs. But I'll do it only if there's no way around it. And if I do it, it won't be anytime soon.

Yeah, Hann Münden is really quite near! Never personally been there yet, though...
dcsoft

Re: What a great library... if only...

Post by dcsoft »

Hepi wrote:I'd buy a license if only these demands were satisfied:
  • C/C++ Sourcecode included
  • Documentation in C/C++
If you fix these 2 (minor?) Issues, I'd buy a license and spread the word about madshi wherever I can.

--
Support Team / WholeTomato-Software's Visual Assist X.
Not just another Visual Studio AddIn, the one Visual Studio Addin!
I would also be thrilled if Madshi created a native C/C++ madCollection. However, I solely use VC++, and the existing one works quite well (madCodeHook works for C++ and contains parts of madRemote as well).

I'm not sure Madshi would include source code for all of the library, no matter what language it was written in.

-- David

P.S. I also use Visual Assist X, and that is a god send!

-- David
Hepi

Post by Hepi »

Yeah, I am using madCHook already, it works great...

But it would be cool if the documentation would provide C/C++ samples instead of Delphi-Samples. That would make it a lot easier (at least for me) to understand the implementation...

Right now I took the samples and did some trial&error juggling, which worked okay after a while, but documentation would be nice!

I do not expect the whole source-code for the whole collection... :wink:
PInvoke

Post by PInvoke »

Hepi wrote:But it would be cool if the documentation would provide C/C++ samples instead of Delphi-Samples.
I hope you didn't mean to say "instead of" , but rather "as well as".

:D
Hepi

Post by Hepi »

For me (as a C/C++ Programmer only), I'd say instead of. So, I do not need any Delphi-Samples (and, the Library comes stuffed with Delphi Code, so I don't really get your point).

But, if you prefer it, I say as well as.
dcsoft

Post by dcsoft »

madcodeHook has a few Visual C++ samples, as does madRemote. Did you find them?.

Search c:\program files\madcollection (or whereever you installed it to) for *.dsp.

-- David
Hepi

Post by Hepi »

Yeah, I know, I already found the undocumented C/C++ Samples.

I am talking about the Documentation (madCollection\madBasic\Help\Data\madCodeHook.htm), which has Delphi-Samples only.

It's nice to know how to hook Api-calls in Delphi, but absolutely useless for me... I have to manually wade through the (widely undocumented) C/C++ codesamples and try&error things out.

That is what I'm talking about...