Installationproblem on Delphi-11.1

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Mouse54

Installationproblem on Delphi-11.1

Post by Mouse54 »

Running the installation program works ok but Delphi is not updated with any package.

Probably it's me who did not do this correctly. Is there a detailed installation instruction available? It would be handy.

Files are installed at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection". BDS19 and BDS22 with both w32 and w64 versions.
I can manually install the madbasic- and madhelp packages but when I try to install the madexcept package I get the message that this file does not exist. But that's completely wrong as I clicked the name in the fileopen dialog.

This is probably the wrong way doing it but how should I do it?

Thanks in advance!
Mouse54

Re: Installationproblem on Delphi-11.1

Post by Mouse54 »

Sorry,
I solved it by adding path:s to madbasic and madexcept to delphi's library settings.

Even though I solved it in my way, it could be nice to have any comments about this, if I did it correctly or if there is another better way.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You should not have to add anything manually, normally the installer should take care of everything automatically. I'm not sure what went wrong for you. But I guess if you have it running now, it's probably ok?
Mouse54

Post by Mouse54 »

Well, it doesnt work as expected. If I compile a program with an accessviolation and run it from delphi, I only get a message from delphi.
Also madexcept is not found in the delphi menues.

Any idea what I could do next?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Do you run your Delphi installation with admin rights or from a non-admin user account?
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

Same Situation here: after successful installation of MadExcept (into D11.2), the exception handler components are not installed and madexcept is not in the tools menu (lokal account with admin rights). the madexcept library search paths are entered and valid.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Did you run your Delphi installation with admin rights or from a non-admin user account?

Try giving "Everyone" full read & execute access to the madCollection root folder + all sub folders and files.
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

Did run delphi (upgrade) installation from the same account as mad except installation (local acc with admin rights)
will try to give these rights (you mean to every and each subfolder?)
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

Have given full access to all users in root dir (only "ERSTELLER-BESITZER" wont accept them),
but still no success.. so the problem must bee somewhere else..
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

In the madCollection folder, is there a madExcept sub folder? If so, is there a "BDS22" sub folder in the madExcept folder?
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

Yes its there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection\madExcept5\BDS22\win32 ..\win64
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The folder is not supposed to be named "madExcept5", it's supposed to be named "madExcept". So something clearly went wrong there. Please try this:

1) Completely uninstall madCollection.
2) Make sure that C:\Program Files (x86)\madCollection exists and is completely empty.
3) Give full access rights to everyone to this folder.
4) Reinstall madCollection.

Does it work then?
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

Did as suggested, but no success

The Installer let's you select either madExcept4 or madExcept5
and will then create the subfolder accordingly as madExcept4 madExcept5
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That's really weird, I'm not sure why that happens. I've had a similar problem reported I think about once or twice in the last 10 years, but I don't remember how it was solved. Have you tried running the madCollection installer as either non-admin or admin? Does that make a difference?

Also, here's another suggestion:

1) Uninstall madCollection.
2) Delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\madshi".
3) Reinstall, but not into Program Files, but into some other folder which by design has full access to the user, e.g. as similar path as your source code folders.

Does that change anything?
Arpana

Post by Arpana »

- Admin, No-Admin did not make any difference
- Change of access rights - no difference
- BUT! Installing into another Folder did do the trick (D:\Projects_D2010\_Tools\madCollection\madExcept5)!
Strangely enough the subfolder is still named madExcept5, but Delphi is ok with it, the librarypaths are according
and the madException submenus are there.

So for now it works!
Thanks alot