Project won't accept Mad components

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
cnr

Project won't accept Mad components

Post by cnr »

I've upgraded my compiler to BDS Tokyo and have succesful installed the Mad components I need. During compiler startup MadExcept 4.0.17 is written on the splash screen and if I start a new project, I'm able to use the mad components. The problem is with the program I'm working on. When I open the project and try to build, it fails because Mad components can't be resolved. All the other 3. part components I use works fine after the upgrade. Any suggestions?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Project won't accept Mad components

Post by madshi »

Are we talking Delphi or C++? I'd suggest that you do a cleanup like this:

1) Uninstall madCollection.
2) Search registry and harddisk for mad*.* and delete everything that belongs to madCollection.
3) Start BDS Tokyo to double check that it starts fine, without any trace of madExcept left, and without any complaints.
4) Stop BDS Tokyo.
5) Reinstall madCollection.

Does it still not work now?
cnr

Post by cnr »

Its Delphi

It did not help to do a cleanup and reinstall. I can not do a complete cleanup, as I still have to be able to compile older versions of my program using delphi 2007, but I removed all entries regarding Mad components in the registry under Tokyo and Current user>software
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

What's the exact complaints? Is it possible that the library path of the problematic project might still point to a madExcept DCU folder for an older Delphi version?
cnr

Post by cnr »

All library paths and browser paths are correct, also if that was a problem, then I should not be able to use the components in other projects.

I can see, that Projects>Options>Search path points to the old components, but it does the same by my collegue and he do not have any problems. I have tried to add the new searchpaths, but no effect
cnr

Post by cnr »

Okay - solved it :-)

I tried adding the new search paths again after the reinstall I did earlyer today, now it works