madExcept refuses work after saving project

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
gerhardsachs

madExcept refuses work after saving project

Post by gerhardsachs »

On a new VCL project with just one form and almost no function madExcept works on creation if the project ist still in memory.
The only function is an access to an empty TList which must lead to an exception, which it does.
When the project is created the exception immediately following start brings up the usual madExcept screen.
When I save the project to disk, compile and start again, madExcept is lost, I get just the useless delphi exception message.
All settings are ok, madExcept is enabled, the project settings contain madExcept, I see no reason for this strange behaviour.
it happens with Delphi XE7 (madExcept 4.011) and XE8 (madExcept 4.013).
Delphi is installed in a VMWare, storage of the project is on an shared folder on disk of the host OS.
Both OSes are Windows7 Pro.
When the project is saved on a local folder in the VM, madExcept continues working.
When that project is copied to the shared folder and the exe is started from there, madexcept still works.
When that project on the host disk is compiled, madExcept is gone.
Both folders are completely accessible, files can be copied in both directions with no problems.

This is the sourcecode :
##############################################################
unit Unit1;

interface

uses
Winapi.Windows, Winapi.Messages, System.SysUtils, System.Variants, System.Classes, Vcl.Graphics,
Vcl.Controls, Vcl.Forms, Vcl.Dialogs;

type
TForm1 = class(TForm)
procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
private
{ Private-Deklarationen }
public
{ Public-Deklarationen }
end;

var
Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.dfm}

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
l: TList;
f: TForm;
begin
l := Tlist.Create;
f := l[0];
end;

end.
##############################################################

Regards
Gerhard Sachs
madshi
Site Admin

Re: madExcept refuses work after saving project

Post by madshi »

This sounds like some sort of file access problem. madExcept itself doesn't care which path it's supposed to read files from. Have you tried using the ProcessMonitor to see what happens on file system level?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... s/bb896645

The ProcessMonitor should allow you to see whether madExcept tries to read the files from the shared folder, and whether accessing them succeeds or not.
gerhardsachs

Post by gerhardsachs »

Attached is a screenshot of processmonitor.
I added a function that generates a divide by zero exception in the IQS3 exe.
The process monitor shows the last lines after that exception where madExcept did not show up.
The last line shows an unsuccessfull try to read a file, maybe this is the cause of the problem.

Meanwhile I have a Delphi10 Seattle under Windows10 running in a VM this is where the screenshot is made from.
The problem stays the same as with Delphi XE8 running under Windows7.

As soon as I move the exe to a local harddrive on the VM, madExcept works.

Regards
Gerhard
Attachments
Excerpt Process Monitor
Excerpt Process Monitor
IQS3 Exception.PNG (82.67 KiB) Viewed 11460 times
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The screenshot shows a registry key open request failing, but that registry key has nothing to do with madExcept, so there's not much I can say... :sorry:
gerhardsachs

Post by gerhardsachs »

I forgot to mention that the registry entry
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\CTF exists but contains no subfolder "KnownClasses'.
The CTF folder contains three entries Modern, SystemShared an TIP where TIP contains several subfolders.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Yeah, well, I've no idea what that registry key is for, and it's definitely not related to madExcept, so I really don't have any ideas right now.