Multiple installs?

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
wimp#1

Multiple installs?

Post by wimp#1 »

Hi and thanks for a great software.
I tried to install the latest Madcollection on my machine that has both D5 and D7 on it and, well, I think only D7 got the installation.
If this is a difficult problem to solve, can I temporarily "hide" D7 (rename directory? registry keys? ) if I try again?
Or is there a manual way?

(I tried to look for "multiple installs" but the forum said there were too many search results...)

Best regards W.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Multiple installs?

Post by madshi »

The installer should automatically install madCollection into any Delphi version that is installed on your PC. If it didn't install into D5 then seemingly a suitable D5 installation wasn't found for some reason. The installer checks "HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0" for D5. Does that key exist on your PC? Please also check the madCollection installation root folder. In e.g. madBasic or madExcept, is there a "Delphi 5" subfolder? Or is there just a "Delphi 7" subfolder?
wimp#1

Post by wimp#1 »

Finally. Back home from vacation.

There is one
"C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi5\madCollection\madBasic\Delphi 5" dated 2007

and a set of
"C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\madCollection\" "madBasic" "madDisAsm" etc.
with a Delphi5 and a Delphi7 directory in it, with recent dates.

I think this can be a result of a change of installation policy?

W.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I'm not sure why you have different installations in Delphi 5 and Delphi 7 folders. Normally the installer remembers where it got installed and stores it in the registry. In any case, I think your Delphi5 madCollection installation is probably outdated, you can probably simply delete the whole folder.

If you do have Delphi5 and Delphi7 subfolders in madBasic, madDisAsm etc, then the installer seems to have recognized both of your Delphi 5 and 7 installations. So the question remains why you don't see it in Delphi 5. Probably some of the madExcept packages are stored in the registry under "Disabled Packages", which would stop Delphi 5 from ever trying to load the packages again.

Just to be safe, I'd recommend a cleanup like this:

1) Uninstall madCollection.
2) Search both registry and harddisk for "mad*.*" and delete everything that belongs to madCollection.
3) Reinstall.

Done.
wimp#1

Post by wimp#1 »

Thanx it worked.
A licensed madshi 3 -component disappeared from the old install, but I don't know which so I am probably not hurt.
What puzzles me is that a disturbing memory leak (eventually creating Out Of Memory) disappeared when compiling with Madcollection 4 (which I installed in order to find it!)
Thumbs up!
:redBalloon: :greenBalloon: :blueBalloon:

W.